Get This

Home » , » How To play Dota 2 for Mac Operating

How To play Dota 2 for Mac Operating



Hi guys,

I just did run DOTA2 on a Mac by using PlayOnMac, which is a Wine Installer.

Here are the instructions.

1. Install PlayOnMac
2. Configure->Install Packages->steam + Configure->Install Packages->steam_flags
3. Configure->Install Packages->d3dx11
4. Download DOTA2
5. Right click the "Steam" icon in PlayOnMac and open the registry editor. Then find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager\

Right click and choose new->DWORD Value
Type PagedPoolSize for its name, then modify it by adding this value as a Hexadecimal - 10000000 (If it doesn't work try with 18000000)

6. Open Steam, Right click DOTA2, choose "set launch options" and add -nod3d9ex

I just did this and the game runned well. I'm still testing.

I'll post more information soon.
Share this games :

7 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I tried your instructions and it worked for me. Although I skipped step 2 and 3 since I can't find any packages under Configure so I wasn't able to install steam_flags and d3dx11.

    I am using Mac Lion (10.7.3) and Play on Mac version 4.

    I was able to play a full game using the instructions above.

    Cheers mate and thanks for sharing your info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where i can download dota 2 pls help

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, i am already able to launch the dota 2, but when i was inside the game the picture is so blur and i can barely see anything. do you know how to fix this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  4. mewttt, dude when you install steam go into configure and u'll see a steam icon there. click on it and ull see a install packages tab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was able to download everything, but when i turn it on it only gives me white blank screen, and i get stuck. did i do anything wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  6. DIDNT WORK OH WELL any suggestions when the x11 opens but nothing else happens, and when i try to run it it says unavaliable for you platform

    ReplyDelete
  7. It simply doesn't work. When I try to run Dota2, i get 'install directx 11' dialog, even tough I've installed directx via configure-install packages.

    It would be nice if author of this text could at least try to help out ...

    ReplyDelete